03.04.2013

Organizing Chores

Fabric Chore Chart

I have big ambitions. And, perhaps this will actually work too ;-) It’s time  to include the children in the housework. The grown-ups don’t have the time, nor the patience to do all the work. And not to forget, it’s important to learn that everybody has to do their part.

Excuse me, I have to take a break from the blog, my husband reminds me that I haven’t cleared the dinner table as I should *haha, setting a good example, right…*  I’ll be back…

OK, I’m back. Kids in bed. Dishwasher running. Husband happy.

To get to the point, I have made a chore chart, and we started using it yesterday. Each child has it’s own long strip of velcro. The chart has two pockets for text tags with tasks, and each week, we plan to change the tags under each child. We thought that one task per year of age would be appropriate, but we’re quite new to this… (Does it sound fairly OK with one per year?) So far, the tasks are "setting table” (one meal), “clearing table”, “sorting laundry”, “garden work” (i.e. helping a little bit when we work in the garden, if we work there at all…), “watering flowers” (hopefully not the floor…), “dusting” (always loads available), “tidying room”, “putting away toys”. More will come, and if my blog readers have suggestions, they’re welcome!

When a task is done, the tag is turned, there is velcro in both sides. Today, both two children who have an understnadning of this has eagerly done two tasks each. If only that eager would be continuing for a looong time…

task tags fastened with velcro Ribbon tags with KAM snaps

The ribbon tags belongs to a reward system that we have transferred over to this chart, but has (at present) nothing to do with the chores.

Blogging in english: I thought I should try to blog in English for a while, and see if anything fun or interesting happens. If you are a reader who is glad that I write in english, you’re very welcome to post a comment to let me know that “hey, it’s worth it!” Or if you’re norwegian and want to cry out a “help, please write at least some norwegian!”, you’re welcome to place a comment too. (I better write that last part in norwegian too…)

Eg hadde ein veldig inspirerande blogg-runde på internasjonale bloggar i påske-ferien, og eg blei så inspirert at eg fekk lyst til å blogge på engelsk. Ikkje veit eg om det vil vere verdt det, tidsbruk-messig i høve til kor mange som les. Og kanskje nokon som har lest bloggen min hittil synest at det er mykje verre å lese engelsk enn (ny-)norsk,  så om du tenkjer “hjeeelp, ver så snill og skriv i det minste litt norsk!”, så er det lov å seie ifrå :-)

Now I’m going to write a post about a dress I made today, if you love purple, you just have to see it! And to my mum, you want to see the post too, pictures of your granddaughter ;-)

5 kommentarer:

  1. Uncle Hallvard wants to see the pics too ;)

    SvarSlett
  2. Hey, nokon som har lest heile innlegget!! Kjempemoro, sjølv om det er lillebror! Klart du skal få sjå bilete du også ;-)

    SvarSlett
  3. Engelsk er helt greit! Så lenge jeg kan kommentere på norsk. (Jeg har også lest hele innlegget... :-))

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Absolutt, ein må gjerne kommentere på norsk! Så moro at du også hadde lest heile! Det blei ikkje så mykje om det reint sy-tekniske denne gongen, skal kome sterkare tilbake på den fronten seinare :-)

      Slett
  4. Great! Thank you for writing in English - I always loved your pictures, now I am able to understand your posts as well. Very happy about it!
    Best wishes,
    Ena (from Austria)

    SvarSlett

-Kjempekoseleg om du har lyst til å seie hei!
-You're welcome to place comments in english!
-Svenska kommentarer gjör mig glad, danske kommentarer er sjov!
-Ich verstähe auch ein bischen deutsch, doch ist englisch mehr sicher, you're welcome anyway!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...